Erling Haaland is a Norwegian professional football player who currently plays as a striker for Manchester City and the Norway national team.
Here are some key facts about him:
1. Early life and career: Haaland was born on July 21, 2000, in Leeds, England, to Norwegian parents. He grew up in Bryne, Norway, and began his football career at local club Bryne FK. He later joined Molde FK, where he made his professional debut in 2017.
2. Rapid rise to fame: Haaland’s breakthrough season came in 2019-20 when he scored 44 goals in all competitions for Red Bull Salzburg, including 8 goals in 6 Champions League games. This attracted the attention of several top clubs, and he eventually signed for Borussia Dortmund in January 2020.
Haaland Joined Manchester City in 2022 and has taken the football world by storm since then.
3. Playing style: Haaland is known for his pace, power, and clinical finishing ability. He is also a good dribbler and possesses great physical strength, which makes him difficult to mark for defenders.
4. Record-breaking feats: Haaland has already achieved several notable feats in his young career. He became the youngest player to score a hat-trick in his Champions League debut and the fastest player to reach 20 goals in the competition’s history. He also became the youngest player to score in six consecutive Champions League matches.
5. International career: Haaland has represented Norway at various youth levels and made his senior debut in September 2019. He has since become a regular in the team and has scored several important goals, including a brace against Northern Ireland in the 2022 World Cup qualifiers.
His impressive career has seen many comparing him to Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, who are considered the greatest footballers of all time.
Can Haaland surpass Messi and Ronaldo?