This week is unusual! Love is in the air, hearts are singing, and DStv has got you covered with the most loving content anyone will get anywhere on this year’s Valentine’s Day.
- Say Yes To The Dress: This merchandising and reality show follows brides searching for their perfect wedding dress. Each episode sees two or three brides share their love story on a search through several bridal gowns to find one that looks and feels most perfect for their special day.
- Girls’ Trip: Ahead of the sequel to the 2017 hit movie, already being shot in Ghana, remind yourself how true ‘female love’ feels. It is the perfect movie for a stay-in Galentines date with your favourite girl, and you can catch it live on Movie Room (DStv ch. 113) at 9:30 pm.
- Unmarried: This Nigerian series follows the lives of three single women, Funbi (played by Enado Odigie), Kamsi (played by Folu Storms), and Nengi (played by Venita Akpofure), as they strive to survive the dynamics of friendship, career challenges, and relationships – get your pens and paper ready for tips in these streets. Enjoy premium drama on Unmarried every Wednesday at 6 pm on Africa Magic Showcase (DStv channel 151).
- Johnny vs Amber – The US Trial:
Even if you are not enjoying this season of love and want a dash of reality, DStv has something for you. The Johnny versus Amber trial follows the conversations around the divorce of both American celebrities and allegations of domestic violence. Watch the documentary on Investigation Discovery on Friday, February 17, at 8 pm.
- First Love: This 2022 movie is what people who love this season need. The story follows pure, young love between two classmates, Glenn and Kay. However, it isn’t your typical high school romance. It digs into how hard it must be to undergo your first heartbreak while your parents are in a financial crisis, especially when you’ve had things easy for most of your life. Watch this film on 1Magic at 7:30 pm on Saturday.
- Date My Family Nigeria: The reality dating show typically sees a suitor going for dinner with three families of potential dates. At the end of all three family dates, they pick one date whose family has impressed them the most and take them on a romantic dinner. Follow singles as they go on dates with family members of their potential suitors and see if cupid will strike and give us a true love match.
- The Farmer Wants A Wife (TFWAW):
It is a reality dating show like nothing you’ve ever seen. TFWAW takes you into the farmlands of Australia. In its 12th season, the show has resulted in 180 marriages and 410 children, according to Fox. It connects four ‘very hot’ farmers with unattached women who can’t find a mate in the city. They’ll learn what it’s like to live and work on a real farm while hoping to find a love connection with one of the hunky homestead owners. Catch this show on BBC Lifestyle at 7 pm on Sunday.